Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 1

Well. Here I am starting a Flab to FAB blog about my journey for the next 90 days, well techinically 89 but who's counting...right? Let's begin with how i got here exactly. Well, got a boyfriend and got happy fat I guess would be about it. Maybe I am making myself sound a lot worse than I actually am, I dont know... what i do know is that I am not happy where I am at physically but the good thing is I can totally change that for myself. In the past 6 months I have tried anything from working out, to weight watchers, to what I like to call "skinny pills" and just not seeing the results I would like to see. HELL- results period. So, after talking to several people I have decided to take the plunge and just do it. P90X. Luckily, I have a knowledgeable and encourage man in my life who is going to do this with me and support me along the way! Anyway, Why am I starting a blog for all of this? I want accountibility, even if it is just myself that reads this. It's out there and journaling all this I think will really help keep track of my meals and my work outs. I also think it will be interesting to look back and see how I felt afterwards. Im not too sure what my EXACT goal is to be honest. I just want to FEEL good and LOOK good. I know this is not a 90 day life change/diet. Its a lifestyle change. I would like to see inches off all parts of my body, thats for sure and with that I suppose weight loss does come into play. I would love to say goodbye to 40 pounds, which i feel is a big goal but I know I can do it! I just have to remind myself that...1. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" and 2. to simply LOVE MYSELF. I think those both are my motivation and setting the tone for this new experience in my life. Yesterday was day 1. Before we started the video we took the ever horrible "BEFORE" photos. Let me tell ya, you don't know what you look like till you get in a swim suit and look through a lense. NOT FUN. I am not sure that I can be one of those people that shares my before and after pictures, im just so disappointed in myself/body. Who knows though, in 90 days i could be so happy with myself I want to show off the old me... **crossing fingers!** Anyway, after the tearful picture experience we did the synergetics video, which holy moly! Definately feel the burn in my legs and in my tummy today. I did pretty well with my eating as well.... Breakfast: 1/2 cup Rolled Oats, 1 tbs brown sugar, 2 tbs dried cranberries, and 1/4 chopped up . apple (one of my most fav breakfasts!) Lunch: Tuna Sandwich on Sourdough bread, pringles 100 cal pack and grapes. Snacks: popcorn & protien shake. Dinner: roasted tomato and basil speghitti with feta cheese and cooked shrimp. Not too shabby for day 1. I think after this week, since we went grocery shopping before we checked out the p90 nutrition, we will start their nutrition program. However, I do most of my cooking out of weight waters cook books or cooking light, so shouldn't be too different. I know we are going to attempt to cut carbs other than complex ones next week. Should be interesting considering i LOVE me some carbs! Anyway, that's all for now. Please keep me in your prayers and all encouragement is welcome! :) Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment