Sunday, December 30, 2012

Looking Back

Well, 2012 is almost at it's end. Thank God!

This year was a very bitter sweet year, I'd say more bitter than sweet but lets see the cup half full here.

The bitter: 2012 was one of the hardest years of my life. Love lost, moving in with my mom, changes at school, friendships lost, financial struggles.

The sweet: I began to find out who Lauren REALLY is. Met my best friend in the whole world (pretty sure I wouldn't have survived this year without), found a love for kickboxing that lost me 15 pounds (more to come!) and most importantly learned that I am a strong child of God and HE will never give me more than I can handle.

Looking back on the year I can honestly say I am more happy to ring a new one in than ever. However, without this past year I would not be the person I am today, or the person I will be weeks, months or even years from now.



It took me a VERY long time to see things this way but, I couldn't agree more with the quote above. Here are a few others that sum up some of the things I've learned this year.
 

 

 

 

SO I am thankful for the trials and the blessings of this year. One of my resolutions for the new year is no looking back focus on what is ahead. What's done is done and it is what it is. Accept it, embrace it and be thankful for how it will mold me for better days. 

Hopefully 2013 will be a year of more blogging? Thank you for reading and HAPPY NEW YEAR! 




No comments:

Post a Comment