Sunday, June 19, 2011

DIY Projects!

This summer I have discovered one of my new favorite things... the DIY (do.it.yourself) channel. I am obsessed! Its my new background noise if I am blogging, editing photos, cough playing cityville cough. I just love it and the ideas I get from it! Along with the DIY channel, I have found some great DIY blogs that are giving me mucho ideas to pass the downtime this summer.

I have been talking about my super sweet frame collage wall, well I had a little project/addition to it today!

A little background to my piece of artwork first off. Growing up, my dad's side of the family and my father would always sign cards, letters, etc with "143". Which means "I love you" (notice the # of letters in each word if you are not familiar with this little secret saying.) Apparently...more people in the world use this than just my dad and his mother... news to me.

When John and I began dating and getting serious I signed a card with that... never have done it before. And he did not know what it meant! It soon became our little thing along with other little sayings, but this one is such a meaningful one to me since it was one that my dad and I used.

Anyhoo. I saw this little piece of love on one of my DIY blogs (they used a number 7--meaning special to them) and decided I wanted to add it to my collage wall! Below are the steps to it's origination!








tadah! :) I love it!!! AND as you can see my frame collage is a work in progress as well-- much progress this weekend I am happy to share.

Anyway. I am looking at intothedarkroom.com for website layout options...and im really liking if for the FUTURE home of LaurenAugustinePhotography :D

Tomorrow is a day of adventure- scouting downtown for good locations for photos. Pool with Jenna. And then who knows.

I LOVE SUMMER!

g'nite all!

No comments:

Post a Comment