Thursday, July 7, 2011

buzy beeeee

That is the best 2 words to describe me lately... "busy bee"... haha, yeah right- total joke. No excuse as to why i've been so neglectful via blog world lately other than just not much to say. Which even today is the deal. Anyhoo--- a few new things....

1. my recent obsession : These women inspire me so much. Discovered them this season on The Biggest Loser. I caught myself telling John the other day how much I miss them every wednesday because they were a reminder of my goals and encouraged me, without even knowing, to become healthier and live a new lifestyle. A day or two after saying this to the bf I saw via twitter that Hannah had posted a link to their brand new blog!!! SO EXCITING.

2. To follow up #1- I have learned to enjoy Twitter!! For the longest time it's overwhelmed me. I had an account...but honestly, sort of steered clear of it. Needless to say, I have overcome my fear and really enjoy following some of my FAV celebs! However--- also get annoyed/entertained by people who "over tweet"... yea.. it's possible!

3. I have realized this summer that it is almost impossible for me to finish anything I start. :( JB pointed this out to me yesterday and he is so right. WELL STINK! Some examples: P90x (made it 5-ish weeks and got busy with a move). My DIY Projects--- start them, but havent quite gotten around to completing. Books. You name it... I've probably started it and am "working" on completing it. grrrrr......

4. Speaking of starting things... I started the Couch to 5k program. I am hoping in 9 weeks I will be able to tell you I finished it too. Could be the first?? Well see. So far, I am really loving it! One of my "resolutions" or goals for this year was to run a 5k... WELP im working on it!! day 1 was quite depressing, let me tell you. I had a sore groin, I have had weak ankles since my soccer days, and I was just plain out of shape! I was walking weird for 2 days and was just in pain. PATHETIC-- I am 26!!! That is not old!! But, I guess I am learning things change and it takes my body longer to recover in my late 20s (depressing). I finished day 2 earlier this morning on the tredmill. TOTALLY different feeling! I really enjoyed it and caught myself thinking how I could go on a little longer, ofcourse I didn't, but I thought about it!! Ill keep you posted on this one!

5. 4th of July was fun! I wasn't expecting much as our plans sort of just fumbled into place but I really had a great time! Had a few friends over for a little pool party action, JB cooked his famous brisket, and watched some fireworks. Good times all around! :)

6. My nerdy man is/has been working on learning computer "languages" (don't ask).. and is in the process of creating a video game!!! As tired as I get of hearing about it-- I am so proud of him!!! I can't wait to see what mindless game he creates for the iphone/ipad for me to become obsessed with. I might even be more proud that he's actually getting into a form of social networking and blogging his computer game creating journey here

Look at me!!! I wrote WAY more than I was expecting to write! :) Hopefully Ill update again sooner rather than later....

LA

No comments:

Post a Comment