Wednesday, May 11, 2011

green thumbs




First of all, what a gloomy day!! Ugh! I can't stand days like these: the in between, not sunny...not rainy...just overcast. Make up your mind! I enjoy me some rainy/stormy days (even more when I am being lazy at home...but they aren't too bad at school either). Days like today are just so hard for me to get motivated. I feel bad that I am already shutting down for the summer. Can somebody slap it out of me, please!





On a more exciting note-- probably the highlight of my day.... the Kindergarden. "What is that" you might ask? Well, John and I started a kinder garden for my students, or the whole grade... i guess... when we got to the unit on plants. It has been a huge success!! We have been having a mini harvest for a couple of weeks now. I think we've had 5-6 strawberries, 1 tomato, 6 radishes, and peas! I used to (still do at times) make fun of John and his green thumb but man-- I am loving being a little gardener! It's so exciting, I might get more excited than the kids do!!! The fruits and veggies are just so fresh! I took some pictures of the new exciting developments to share below:








We have 3 different raised beds, and this is a shot of all 3, 2 of the last one because the cucumber and zucchini just needed to have a picture all themselves.






Our Spinach, peas and cantaloupe!




Baby bell pepper, zucchini, cucumber and Roma tomatoes!




strawberries, cantaloupe, peas and more spinach!





Anyway, it has definitely been a great learning experience for not only the kids but myself as well! That's all I've got for now----





LA

No comments:

Post a Comment